Complaint to Virgin Media
Complaint Ref: 52918561
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am writing to you today at the end of nearly 11 months of the worst customer service I have ever received, customer service that has not only damaged my brand but has also cost me a considerable amount of money.
I will list in bullet points the run of play since I signed a contract with you back in July 2015. But before that I would like you to understand the nature of my business.
I am the Director of Xtreme Gaming the UK’s first console LAN gaming centre, we have been trading for over 9 years and are a very well established brand in the UK gaming scene. We work very closely with publishers to deliver unique and bespoke events not only for their product launches, but also for their communities.
Publishers that we work with include Activision (Call of Duty), EA (Battlefield, FIFA), CAPCOM (Street Fighter) and Ubisoft (Assassins Creed) to name but a few. We are also the only LAN centre in the world to be sponsored by ASTRO Gaming and Madcatz peripherals.
Internet is the lifeblood of our operation, particularly now that streaming one of the most important aspects of any event. Hence our desire to switch to a provider that could offer us fibre optic service.
- July 24th 2015 contract signed with Paul Meaney. Agreed installation of 2x fibre lines (50mb).
- Aug / Sept calls to Paul Meaney querying installation date as we were assured it would have been within 4 weeks of signing contract.
- Nov 3rd Begin receiving emails from Alfonso Galapon stating they will advise within 5 days when civil works can take place.
- Dec 8th Informed by Alfonso Galapon via email installation will take place on Dec 16th. Our team is prepped for installation. This is also confirmed by a call with me.
- Dec 15th Informed by Alfonso Galapon via email that installation is cancelled due to a blockage in the rout the cable must be run. Informed the duct needs to be cleared.
- Dec 22nd – 12th Jan 2016 Again begin receiving emails from Alfonso Galapon they would advise within 5 days of when civil works can take place.
- Jan 21st Informed by Alfonso Galapon order is still in blockage and issue has been escalated to higher management.
- Feb 2nd Informed by Alfonso Galapon that civil works had been completed 1st of Feb and he will advise of new installation date.
- Feb 8th Agreed with Alfonso Galapon via email installation will take place Feb 17th. Our team is prepped for installation.
- Feb 12th receive reminder email from Alfonso Galapon that installation will take place on the 17th of Feb.
- Feb 17th No installation takes place at location. Arthur Tolmie (Business partner) calls during the day and is assured that engineers WILL attend. He advises your staff that it is costing money to have them on site and would like a guarantee engineers will attend. He is assured they will. No engineers attend.
- Feb 18th copied in on a group email from Alfonso Galapon, where there appears to be mass confusion from all of your departments. He asks someone to contact me. No one calls me.
- Feb 22nd Escalated to the Virgin Media business executive complaints department by myself. Ref: 52918561 (Horsenara)
- Feb 29th receive email from Alfonso Galapon stating he is chasing contractors will advise me when he has spoken with them.
- March 3rd advised by Alfonso Galapon that he has escalated to higher management regarding chasing the contractors.
- March 8th informed by Alfonso Galapon via email engineer will attend and clear blockage 11th of March.
- March 11th informed by Alfonso Galapon via email engineer permit has been refused due to street market. Will advise on new date.
- March 16th informed by Alfonso Galapon via email engineer will attend and clear blockage.
- March 21st informed by Alfonso Galapon via email he is awaiting confirmation of the blockage being cleared.
- March 24th informed by Alfonso Galapon via email he is awaiting confirmation of the blockage being cleared.
- March 29th informed by Alfonso Galapon via email he is awaiting confirmation of the blockage being cleared.
- April 1st advised by Alfonso Galapon that he has escalated to higher management regarding chasing the contractors.
- April 6th advised by Alfonso Galapon that he has escalated to higher management regarding chasing the contractors.
- April 11th advised by Alfonso Galapon via email that contractors need to clear parking bays in order to complete work and have contacted local authority.
- April 14th advised by Alfonso Galapon that they are still awaiting permit permission from local authority to complete work.
- April 19th Informed by Alfonso Galapon that contractors are on site completing works.
- April 22nd Informed by Alfonso Galapon via email that he is awaiting confirmation blockage has been cleared before setting install date.
- April 25th Informed by Alfonso Galapon via email and a call with me that installation will take place May 5th.
- April 25th Spoke with Horsenara and stated I was unhappy we had to wait yet longer to have the installation take place. Horsenara assured me she would move the installation date to Thursday 28th of April. She confirmed with me on the phone that this had been cleared.
- Thursday 28th of April no engineers attend and installation does not take place, Out team’s time is again wasted on site.
- April 29th Informed by Alfonso Galapon installation will take place on May 5th.
- April 29th Informed by Alfonso Galapon via email that he will no longer be looking after our case and it has been handed to Dennis Reden.
- May 5th Engineer attends and installs two routers and lines however states he is not qualified in setting up this type of network and so leaves site. Installation is not complete. Our team’s time is again wasted on site.
- May 6th I again contact Horsenara and explain I am yet again frustrated with another failed installation. Horsenara apologised and assured us we would have an engineer onsite same day.
- May 6th engineer attended 18:30hrs. Engineer completed informed us that he had programmed the Static router but could not get the dynamic router to work. He left site without leaving us ANY information on how to access the static router.
- May 6th Informed by Dennis Reden that installation will now take place on 9th of May.
- Monday 9th of May Engineer attends and fixes Static and Dynamic routers, installation is complete.
- May 10th Internet fails on Dynamic line informed by Horsenara that it is a firmware issue that will be resolved by the latest Wednesday 11th.
- May 13th Arthur Tolmie (business partner) contacts Business Executive office as there is still no internet on the Dynamic line. C.J assures him there will be an engineer on site to fix the issue. CJ asks Arthur Tolmie to stay late so the engineer can attend. Arthur Tolmie informs CJ that Xtreme Gaming closes at 22:00hrs but he will wait until midnight. No engineer attends. No call is made to Arthur Tolmie to inform him.
- May 16th I contact Horsenara to inform her no engineer attended and of what CJ had stated on May 13th. Horsenara arranged an engineer to attend same day. We were clear the latest we could stay on site was 20:00hrs
- May 16th 16:00hrs contacted Horsenara again as no engineer had attended was assured we would be contacted by your dispatch office.
- May 16th 19:30hrs contacted by Richard (Dispatch Office) who stated the engineer could not attend before 21:30hrs. I said this was not possible and I wanted an engineer on site 10:00hrs May 17th.
- May 17th engineer attends and completes fix on Dynamic line.
As you can see from this list above the service we have received has been in short disgusting. We have lost contracts after promising our contacts that streaming would be an option, and then failing to deliver, which has damaged our brand considerably.
Not only this but on several occasions you failed to attend on site, failed to notify us that you would not attend, and even on one occasion, as documented above left my business partner waiting until midnight.
All of the above coupled with the lack of communication, the misinformation, the failure to return calls and the incredible length of time it has take your company to install at our business, which at present as I type this complaint is still not operating fully has left me utterly gobsmacked.
The money that this has cost us in lost revue, along with the occasions we have had staff on site after being assured by you that an installation would take place is easily in the thousands. The cost to our brand with the companies we deal with I simply could not say.
I am in good faith offering you the chance to explain to me exactly how you plan on compensating my business for this exceptionally poor service, before I seek third party legal advice. I respectfully request your response within no later than 14 days.
I look forward to your response.